A 27-year-old Guelph man faces several charges after Guelph Police say he was found sleeping in the lounge area of a Woolwich Street building on Monday morning.
Officers arrived and determined the man was breaching conditions of his probation and was arrested.
The suspect was searched and found to be in possession of a variety of drugs believed to be meth, ecstacy, crack cocaine, and marihuana. He also had documents that were not in his name.
Charges include Drug Trafficking and Possession of Stolen Property.
Guelph Police are investigating a number of break-and-enters over the past few days:
- Culprits got into the library at Ottawa Crescent School sometime over the weekend and stole books and supplies. The library was heavily damaged.
- Thieves broke into storage lockers at a Woodlawn Road apartment building. Police will be reviewing security video to determine what was taken and who was responsible.
- Someone broke a rear window of a home on Burns Drive to get in. The resident suspects the family dog scared off the intruder before anything was taken.
- A home on Municipal Street was broken into and a pair of I-Pads were taken.
- And, an unknown male forced the lock of an interior office door at building on Wyndham Street and made off with two I-Mac computers and a camera.